The Adams

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kicking off October

What a great weekend!! 

Friday afternoon I had my 14 week OB appointment.  The little one is growing strong and has a heartbeat rate of 162.  It is always nice to hear that little sound since most of my queasiness has gone away.  I can't wait to start feeling the baby move... hopefully sooner than later!  The doc said in the next week and a half to two weeks I should start to feel it.  This baby is very active!  When he put the doppler on my stomach you could hear the heartbeat right away and about every 10-12 seconds you could hear a thump and he said it was the baby moving around and kicking. 

Saturday morning we did the hike up Timpanogos and went into the cave.  The leaves changing colors is absolutely beautiful and Jason loved the hike and the cave.  It keeps talking about how fun it was.  The hike up was pretty tough, and he walked the whole way by himself.  I was very impressed with him!  We went with Nick's brothers family and Jason loves being able to spend time with his cousin, Kennedy.  I am so glad they are so close in age and can enjoy one anther's company.  











After we got back from that, we went to Fetal Fotos.  We were suppose to wait and go on Tuesday, but I decided to try for a few days early.  I am going to write a separate post about this, I think it deserves it's own, after I go again tomorrow to see if we can get a final determination. I am 99.9% sure it is a boy even more now however. 

Saturday night we went up to Park City to help one of my very close friends, Michelle, celebrate her birthday.  We got all dressed up and went out to HarryO's then spent the night up there in a condo.  We don't get dressed up very often so that was something different and fun.  I won't lie, I am not a good partier when I am pregnant.  I am ready for bed by 10pm (at the latest!), but I tried to stick it out for this one.  I made it until 3am.  Yes!!  Good memories!







Sunday we took Jason to the Reptile Show.  He loves all of this kind of stuff for some reason.  I guess maybe because he is a boy??  He has been asking for a reptile but I just don't think Nick or I want to commit to that just yet...  We have been discussing maybe he can ask Santa for one, but time will tell on that.  For now, he will have to be happy going to these type of things for a while.  He of course was brave, unlike his mom, and wanted to hold everything.  It's a good thing he has a daddy that also isn't bothered by these kinds of things.  I mainly sat back and watched the action. 









Life is great and I am extremely grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life.  Thank you for making each and everyday worth living!!

5 comments:

  1. So glad that you were all able to do the Cave hike together. It's fun to see Jason and Kenni doing stuff together. You 2 looked so hot on Sat. you should go out more often so you can dress up! I can't believe Jason will hold all those creepy crawly things. He is way braver than I am that's for sure. He actually looks like he enjoys it too. He is just so darn cute. Thanks for posting all the pics. Can't wait to hear the actual report on the babies gender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know. They are pretty amaing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what you get when you pay good money. LOL. Hopefully this baby doesn't mess them up too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gees you hot mama! Jason is so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete